We are currently hiring for the following position:
Creative Web Designer + Digital Marketer (Berkeley, CA)
About Hewatt Design
We love design, technology, and small business owners. Our aim is to provide our clients with honest & creative digital marketing services that help them succeed. Our client mix is super diverse and ranges from construction companies to candy shops. We love the variety of work each client provides. Different types of clients keeps things interesting, but working with them continually gives us the satisfaction of seeing them grow. It’s the best of both worlds! Right now it’s just me and some sub-contractors. We’re excited to have lots of work and think it’s time to start growing. Care to join the fun?
My name is Andrew and I started building websites in college as a way to pay for pasta and rice. It allowed me to have a flexible schedule while still making decent money. After college I worked for some tech companies but eventually decided it was time to try it on my own. Over the past 3+ years I’ve been helping small businesses better market and manage themselves using technology. Every business is different, every market is different. But my goal is ultimately to help each owner grow their business. That’s what I enjoy.
Managing a company’s website and digital marketing means there’s always lots to do. You should be willing to invest both in your clients and your own career. Continual learning is a must for this role. Here are some of the things you can expect to be working on.
– Update company websites with new text, images & changes sent from the business owner
– Troubleshoot technical issues with websites, shopping carts, mail programs & more
– Scope and schedule incoming requests from clients to update their site
– Review website metrics from multiple systems to determine areas of improvement
– Solve problems, research and learn new technology based on client needs
– Design mockups for revised styling, layouts and interaction
– Review wording of marketing material and recommend improvements
– Track competitor advertising, keywords, positioning and marketing programs
– Communicate with the team about project status, strategy, sales & marketing efforts
Personality Traits (I am…)
Good at Listening
Ready to Learn
Able to Teach Others
Focused on Relationships
Core Skills (required)
Creative Problem Solving
Mac OSX (Our Current Work Environment)
Basic Web Code: PHP, JS, HTML, CSS
Basic Web Tools: WordPress, Photoshop, Flash, JQuery, DNS, FTP
Bonus Skills (optional)
Language: Fluent in Spanish? Chinese?
Target Salary: $50-70k/year
Gain valuable marketing experience.
Learn from successful Small Business owners.
Work in a Downtown Berkeley Office (new and close to everything).
Have a flexible work schedule.
Love what you do.
Interested in Applying?
Email your resume and the reasons why you think you’d be a good fit to: [email protected]